First Point of Access
What is the service?
The First Point of Access Service is a gateway to the full range of services that the Inspire Consortium offers and also other opportunities in the wider community, sign-posting and connecting people. All individuals wanting to access Inspire Mental Health, Recovery & Wellbeing Services will initially be assessed by this service.
This assessment may be over the telephone, on the internet or in person. This service also provides time limited 1-1 support sessions for up to 8 weeks.
Who is the service for?
Any resident 18 years+ of Tower Hamlets who may be experiencing Mental Health issues will be able to access The First Point of Access Service.
What can I expect from using the service?
- A comprehensive assessment to help people identify their needs and build upon their strengths.
- To be given advice, information and support either by telephone, online or in person by staff with expert knowledge of the local population and opportunities in Tower Hamlets.
- To be sign posted to other services and groups both within the Consortium or in the wider community.
- To have the opportunity to access short-term 1 to 1 support (based on individual need).
- To have access to specialist welfare & benefits advice.
- Access to a diverse staff team that reflect local communities.
What are the expected outcomes if I take part?
- You will develop coping strategies’ to improve mental health and wellbeing.
- You will have improved problem solving and self-management skills.
- An increase in personal confidence.
- The knowledge that enables you to access support networks both existing and new.
- Increased resilience and life skills.
How can I access the First Point of Access Service?
You can self-refer to The First Point of Access Service or you may be referred by a Health Professional such as a GP, Social Worker or the Community Mental Health Team.
- Call on: 0330 0538122*
- Use the Live Chat facility on this website
- Complete and return to us a Referral Form – DOWNLOAD HERE
- Use the Contact Us form on this website
- Write to Us at our operational address
DOWNLOAD Service User Journey Map – This is a simple illustration to help you understand the journey that people take once they make contact and access the First Point of Access service as a gateway to all the Mental Health recovery & Wellbeing Services that Inspire delivers.
The Inspire Consortium partners delivering this service are:
*Calls will be charged at a standard network rate. Charges from mobiles will vary. Please check with your network provider.